“December Daily is an album project that documents the 25 days leading up to Christmas. Many people start their documentation earlier and many people go longer. I have found that 25 days is just right for me.” —Ali Edwards
1. The most beautiful, sparkly, diamond earrings I could dream of. Such a surprise! They were hidden in the very bottom of my stocking and the last gift I opened. I never want to take them off!
2. Domino: The Book of Decorating, to make our new home pretty! The subtitle is “A room-by-room guide to creating a home that makes you happy.” ‘Nuff said.
3. A soft & fuzzy white bathrobe! It’s soooo soft and makes me feel like I belong at a spa.
4. A gift basket full of Japanese Cherry Blossom scented goodness from Bath & Body Works.
5. The Nest Home Design Handbook, also to make our new home pretty! This subtitle is “Simple ways to decorate, organize, and personalize your place.” We’re both excited for this since it will be all our own furniture and belongings!
6. Burberry Sport perfume. My favorite scents are those with fruits & musks mixed together. This scent is perfect!
7. The Versace sunglasses I’ve been lusting after for over a year now… these were actually an early Christmas gift he gave to me on Black Friday when we scored an awesome deal!
8. A Canon 50mm lens I asked for that’s great for portrait photography, along with a UV filter he surprised me with… I can’t wait to use these for the engagement shoot I have coming up next month.
9. Lauren Conrad Style. One of my goals for 2011 is to be more fashionable and really find my personal style. Joshua, being the fashion nazi that he is, approves!
10. Another fashion book! The Lucky Shopping Manual: Building and Improving Your Wardrobe Piece by Piece. I can’t wait to read this!
11. Riesen in my stocking. Mmm. So delicious.
He also put little handwritten notes in each gift, saying some special about each one. It was pretty much the sweetest thing ever. I’m just so in love with him, and our lives together. Merry Christmas, everyone!
These are the Christmas cards that I designed (with Joshua’s help, of course!) and sent out to family and friends this year. I made them at the same time I made my Christmas blog header… it totally inspired me to make our Christmas cards, isn’t that great? Otherwise, I don’t know when I would have found the time to make them.
I think we sent… 46 cards? Phew. I made them similarly to how I made the save-the-dates and I mounted them on brown craft paper. And then I printed on matching brown craft paper envelopes. We loved the final look!
Today on Christmas Eve, it’s just Joshua and I. As much as I miss my family, I’m so happy to have this time together. The past week has been a blur with lots of things getting done both at home and with Joshua at work, and now we have some down time to just relax and enjoy each other.
Have a wonderful Christmas, everyone!
It’s Christmas time in our household, and Joshua and I decorated together last weekend! I also “decorated” my blog for the holidays… including a new header with more of our engagement photos! It’s actually inspired me to make a similar Christmas card to send out to family and friends… hmm, we shall see if time permits!
My love and I will be spending this Christmas alone here in North Carolina, just the two of us. We’d love to be able to see our families, but Joshua is in a course until the 21st of December, and then of course it’s the month of the move! It will be our first and only Christmas here on the island. Yay!